Ohio's Buckeye Art Therapy Association (BATA) is a non-profit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of the practice of art therapy.
Purposes of BATA:
- The progressive development of the therapeutic use of art
- The advancement of research in this field
- The improvement of standards of practice
- The development of criteria for training art therapists
- The provision of means to exchange information and experiences
Objectives of BATA:
- To encourage the use of art therapy as an effective treatment modality
- To improve the skills and effectiveness of those engaged in the practice of art therapy by the use of meetings and seminars
- To encourage the development of professional training opportunities in art therapy
- To attract people to and inform people about the field of art therapy
BATA is one of the oldest, largest and most active state art therapy associations in the country, and is an affiliate chapter of The American Art Therapy Association (AATA).